(Makes 10 skewers)
□ 1 package House Foods Organic Tofu Extra Firm, drained and pressed
□ 20 cherry tomatoes
□ 10 bamboo skewers
□ 1 clove garlic
□ ½ large shallot
□ ½ bundle Italian parsley
□ ½ bundle cilantro
□ 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
□ ½ tbsp Kosher salt
□ ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
□ ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
□ 1½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. To make sauce, add garlic and shallot to the bowl of a food processor and pulse a couple of times.
2. Add parsley and cilantro and pulse a few more times.
3. Combine with vinegar, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and oil in bowl. Mix well.
4. To make skewers, cut tofu into cubes to match the size of tomatoes.
5. Place tofu cubes and tomato alternately on skewers.
6. Brush with sauce and grill 3-4 minutes on each side.
7. Brush a couple more times until grill mark is shown.
8. Brush tofu one final time before serving.
POINT: Remove extra firm tofu from packaging and press with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Do this by wrapping paper towels around the tofu block and placing it in between two plates. Then, place a heavy object over the top plate to use as a weight to press the tofu.
Organic Tofu Extra Firm
Made from 100% U.S. grown, non-GMO soybeans, House Foods Organic Tofu Extra Firm is the firmest of all tofu with the most amount of protein (8g per serving). Its consistency makes it suitable for heartier dishes and replacing meat. Firm tofu and Extra firm tofu can be used interchangeably in many recipes.