□ 1 chicken breast
□ 18-24 mint leaves
□ 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
□ 3-4 Persian or mini cucumbers
□ 3-4 slices ginger
□ 1-2 cloves garlic
□ 2 tbsp salt
□ 1/2 cup sake
□ 6 sheets round rice paper wrappers (8 1/2-inch diameter)
□ 3 tbsp Kikkoman Hoisin Sauce
□ 3 tbsp Kikkoman Sweet Chili Sauce
1. Coat chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of salt and let it sit for 15 minutes.
2. Put ginger slices and smashed garlic cloves in 3 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
3. Add sake and 1 tablespoon of salt.
4. Put chicken breast in the seasoned boiling water and turn the heat down to medium.
5. Poach chicken breast for 20 minutes.
6. Let chicken breast cool down in the poaching liquid.
7. When completely cooled, take out the chicken and shred with hands.
8. Julienne cucumbers.
9. Place a clean damp kitchen towel on a work surface.
10. Fill shallow dish with water, and submerge the wrappers one at a time for about 10 seconds.
11. Place on the damp towel and put 3-4 mint leaves, shredded chicken breast and red onion slices in the center.
12. Fold the bottom half of the rice paper wrapper over the filling. Then fold both sides in and finish by tightly rolling the entire wrapper up.
13. Serve with hoisin sauce and sweet chili sauce as dipping sauce.
POINT: You can substitute chicken breast with poached shrimp, grilled tofu and other ingredients of your choice.
Gluten-Free Sweet Chili Sauce
Kikkoman Gluten-Free Sweet Chili Sauce is an authentic Asian sauce without gluten. It’s tantalizingly sweet and spicy with bits of garlic. It captures a subtle Thai flavor with a mild chili kick. This versatile sauce adds sweetness while balanced with savory to liven any dish. Use it right from the bottle as a dip, glaze, or just simply as a sauce.