– 14 oz steamed rice
– 4 inches green onion stalk
– 2 eggs
– 1 tbsp Ajinomoto HONDASHI®
– 2 pinches pepper
– 2/3 tsp soy sauce
– 1 tbsp sesame oil
1. Chop green onion into small pieces.
2. Beat eggs lightly in a bowl.
3. Heat sesame oil in a pan over medium heat. Before oil starts to smoke, pour eggs into the pan over an area with an oil puddle. Stir eggs quickly with a wooden spatula.
4. Add green onion and rice. Make sure there are no lumps.
5. Sprinkle HONDASHI® and pepper.
6. Pour in soy sauce from the edge of the pan and stir well.
POINT: Ajinomoto HONDASHI® is usually used for making soup stock and broth, but it’s more versatile in usage. You can also use it for making fried rice and vegetable stir fry. Since this umami seasoning also contains salt, you can reduce your usage of sodium. Try HONDASHI® as a seasoning to broaden your cooking repertoire.
HONDASHI® is Ajinomoto’s flagship product. Translated as “real broth”, HONDASHI® is made from the highest quality dried bonito combined with other flavorings; HONDASHI® has a milder, less obtrusive taste than salt or sugar, so it mixes well with almost anything. It is popular with Japanese cooks for almost every dish they make, from miso soup to tempura sauce. Try adding a small amount of HONDASHI® and it’ll make an enormous difference.