Plum Wine Jelly with Strawberry
Japanese plum wine comes in various styles, such as pickling plum with shochu or sake, mixing plum juice into the base liquor with or without mashed flesh. Enjoy playing with the various flavors depending on your choice of plum wine.
[Ingredients] (Serves 4)
– 1 packet powdered gelatin (1/4 oz)
– 1 cup water
– 3 tbsp water for blooming gelatin
– 1 cup plum wine 1/2 cup sugar
– 5-6 strawberries, thinly sliced ρ Mint leaf to garnish
1. Bloom gelatin in 3 tablespoons water and let it sit for 5 minutes.
2. In a small pot, bring 1 cup of water and sugar to boil.
3. When all sugar is melted, turn off the heat and add the gelatin mixture.
4. Mix until all the gelatin is melted.
5. Add plum wine and mix well and let it cool down to room temperature.
6. In an individual glass or cup of your choice, put some strawberry slices and add wine mixture.
7. Put a plastic wrap over and cool in a fridge until it sets for about 3 hours.
8. Garnish with mint leaf.
TIP: When serving to children, instead of turning off the heat in step 3, add gelatin and plum wine and let it boil for 1 minute to let the alcohol evaporate. Then turn off the heat.